What to look for at your local Mac store as well as its description on the MAC website:
"An ultra-light, gel-like cream that absorbs instantly to give the skin intense hydration. Infused with out exclusive Super-Chared Water technology, this formula leaves skin softer, more luminous. Use day or night."
So why should you purchase this? Let's way the pros and cons!
- No smell
- Quick absorption (fast and easy!)
- Works for all skin types (yes, even oily skin!)
- Good for sensitive skin (I use to have acne)
- Doesn't leave a greasy feeling on the skin
- Doesn't leave skin feeling tight
- Very light-weight and perfect for the summer
- Leaves skin obviously hydrated!
Note: I think the best thing about this product is the way it makes my make-up look. I own the Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation and when initially buying it, I felt it was very dry on my face. However, the sales lady told me it was perfect for oily/combination skin. I tried using the moisturisers I had at home, but none looked as good with my make-up than the charged water gel. Even with my previous powders and foundations, this still gave my face a more flawless and softer look!
- A bit costly. On the website it sells for $44.50
- Not the greatest packaging. I rather have this as a pump although I guess this would be a good carry on item when travelling
Lastly, I suggest that if you're a bit hesitant to purchase this to try out a sample first. This way you can see hour your skin reacts to a new product as well as how it fits your make-up routine. Also Mac has a great return policy that allows you to return even a used product in 30 days with the receipt. Anyways, this is just my opinion on the product and I really hopes it encourages anyone and everyone to try it out at least once! Also, if you have any other recommendations for a good moisturiser I would love to hear about it! Happy shopping, xo