CHRONICLES

Monday 9 May 2016

M5. M6. NARUTO



I'm a big anime nerd, I admit it. I would call myself an otaku but after discovering the negative connotation behind this label in  Wrong About Japan (see below), I'll venture away from that particular term.
There isn't much to say about these two movies, other than the fact that they function as  means of delaying myself from watching Naruto subbed on Crunchy Roll. I've been feeling particularly lazy to actually keep my full attention on every episode, especially since I'll be watching it in Japanese. Plus, I'm about 400+ episodes into the series as a whole and I've grown accustomed to the English voice actors.
Both movies are extremely corny and quite "extra." It's like watching 3-4 filler episodes in a row and then calling it a "film." My brother hated both but I remain indifferent. You got your wholesome, goofy, and sacrificial hero trope, what more can you ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments and will try my best to get back to you with any questions or inquiries! Also if you want to follow each other please leave a comment here and I'll be happy to return the favour xx