The internet is a great way to start your research on how to improve the look of your skin. And while I understand that it can also provide readers with false information, by carefully sifting through each post, one can clearly see that many posts include the same information as at least 10 others! (making it, in my eyes, more valid). So here are a few foods that I continuously came across in my research for better skin. I think you'll be surprised by some but I am most definitely willing to give these things a try or two. Enjoy!
TOP BEST FOODS FOR HEALTHY SKIN:
1. Water- I think this is the most obvious and most accessible resource for healthy looking skin. Water keeps skin hydrated which in turn prevents dry and dehydrated skin (which looks older). It's also a great cleanser and it's easy to get! Drink more water (just make sure there's a restroom close by)!
3. Almonds- Yes, something I can agree with! I seriously love almonds and I'm so happy they can provide me with that much more happiness! Almonds are packed with antioxidant Vitamin C, fiber and omege-6 and 9 acids, which help with the skin's elasticity. Try toasting them in the oven for a better taste or simply add to your yoghurt for a yummier snack!
4. Blueberries- "Blueberries are very high in antioxidants which target free radicals (those little nasties that cause premature aging and disease) preventing damage of skin cells. Also an excellent source of fiber, vitamins C and E, and riboflavin." A lot of berries will also do the same, as well as an a great antioxidant like pomegranates!
5. Salmon- Salmon is the kind of fish you want to keep close by your side (not like my frumpy old gold fish that chose to ignore me all the time)! Why? Because salmon will never let you down! In addition to tasting amazing (try grilling it) salmon also contains some of the most essential fats (like omega-3)our bodies need. These fats also help to reduce the look of pores, keep the heart healthy, prevent dry skin and help with people with acne! Who knew?
6. Avocados- "If you tend to steer clear of avocados because of their fat content, think again. The healthy monounsaturated fats found in avocados make them one of the best foods for your complexion. These healthy fats keep skin from drying out and help to maintain its youthful appearance. Avocadoes are also high in B vitamins (particularly vitamin B3) which contain anti-inflammatory properties."
|Sorry I got carried away on my google search|